How does LinkedIn Work ?
LinkedIn is a worldwide professional SNS. LinkedIn is one of the largest professional SNS started from the USA to connect and expand the professional network with a person’s career information, skills, and academic background, and now a lot of companies look for their potential employees through it.Let’s see in detail about How does LinkedIn Work.
Countries with LinkedIn members
* Note – More than 135 Million members in over 200 countries as of November 3, 2011.
- Canada 4 million members
- USA 57 million members
- Brazil 4 million members
- UK 6 million members
- France 2 million members
- Italy 2 million members
- Netherlands 2 million members
- Spain 1 million members
- Belgium 1 million members
- India 11 million members
- Australia 2 million members
- Japan 490 thousand members
- Germany, Austria and Switzerland 2 million members
*Note – Professionals are signing up to join LinkedIn at a rate that is faster than two new members per second.
How does LinkedIn Work ?
What can you do with LinkedIn ?
- Establish your professional profile career info, position, experience, skills
- Check a person’s career you met
- Offering job, look for talents.
- Follow your interesting companies hiring info
- Explore opportunities
- See detail statistical information on the company’s business page.
- Stay in touch with colleagues and friends
- Show your careers on your profile
- Your profile is searched
- Get recommendations and make your profile more trustful
- Find experts and ideas and resolve a unique business challenge
- Ask professionals on a tool “answers”
- Follow fresh topics on the unique professional groups
- Find professional skill you need
How does LinkedIn Work?
- Find interesting companies with advanced search.
- Ask professionals what skills you will need in addition to “Answers”
- Check information of the company’s recruiting timing or tendency on its profile pages.
- Find connection reaches to the company’s person or its business partners
- Email to the company and got a chance to have an interview.
- Succeed o change your job and raise your salaries.
If your COMPANY
- Set up your LinkedIn business account
- Join industry groups
- Invite prospect into your network
- Encourage staff to join LinkedIn
- Engage around key dates, events and profile changes
- Get the opportunity to have new ideas development through your staff’s internal connection.
- Get new talented staff
- Get the opportunities through your staff’s external connection.
Reviews of LinkedIn
David Stevens – Event Manager Executive at streamline events
- Jobseeker lands two jobs in a row via LinkedIn status updates
- Emeryville, California, USA
Used LinkedIn to
- Quickly found work after a layoff, and changed jobs a few years later.
- Frequency network events for their sales job, they followed up via LinkedIn with the people they “connected” with at the events.
- Laid off in 2008, they were back to work with a week after updating their LinkedIn status to “I”m up for grabs, who wants me?”
- Ready for a new opportunity in 2011 they tapped into their professional network, reconnecting with industry peers, landing an interview & accepting the new job within two weeks.
Kevin L. Nichols – President and CEO of KLN Publishing LLC
- Sales Executive Launches Consulting Venture Based on his LinkedIn Connections.
- San Francisco, California, USA
Used LinkedIn To
- Gets introduced to & creates direct leads for his litigation, diversity & professional/business development consultative practice via LinkedIn Groups and LikedIn Events.
- Creates warm leads through various LinkedIn Groups
- Introduces target market to his services by organizing professional mixers via LinkedIn Events
- Users LinkedIn status Updates to draw traffic to his website, allowing potential clients to find him on the internet
- LinkedIn members are sharing insights and knowledge in more than one million LinkedIn Groups.
- 75 of the Fortune 100 companies use LinkedIn as its corporate hiring solutions.
- More than 22 million Americans used social networks to find their most recent job opportunity. One in six workers successfully used social networks to get hired.
- On company pages, you can see the annual growth rate, distribution ratio, and even how the employees change their jobs.
- Customer Acquisition Via LinkedIn, B2B business experienced a 61% Success rate.
- College Graduates Finding Work, 71% of graduates have found work and 98% of graduates have had 1-2 interviews.